sábado, 6 de julio de 2024

Goodnight Moon


Goodnight Moon es una gran canción de la banda estadounidense Shivaree, escrita por Ambrosia Parsley (vocalista de la banda) y Duke McVinnie, que forma parte de su álbum debut de 1999 que llevó por título I Oughtta Give You a Shot in the Head for Making Me Live in This Dump y que fue lanzada como su primer sencillo.




There's a nail in the doorAnd there's glass on the lawnTacks on the floorAnd the TV is onAnd I always sleep with my gunsWhen you're gone

There's a blade by the bedAnd a phone in my handA dog on the floorAnd some cash on the nightstandWhen I'm all alone the dreaming stopsAnd I just can't stand

What should I do I'm just a little babyWhat if the lights go out and maybeAnd then the wind just starts to moanOutside the door he followed me home

Now goodnight moonI want the sunIf it's not here soonI might be doneNo it won't be too soon 'til I sayGoodnight moon

There's a shark in the poolAnd a witch in the treeA crazy old neighbour and he's been watching meAnd there's footsteps loud and strong coming down the hall
Something's under the bedNow it's out in the hedgeThere's a big black crow sitting on my window ledgeAnd I hear something scratching through the wall

Oh what should I do I'm just a little babyWhat if the lights go out and maybeI just hate to be all aloneOutside the door he followed me home

Now goodnight moonI want the sunIf it's not here soonI might be doneNo it won't be too soon 'til I sayGoodnight moon

While you're up so highHow can you save meWhen the dark comes hereTonight to take me upTo my front walkAnd into bed where it kisses my faceAnd eats my head

What should I do I'm just a little babyWhat if the lights go out and maybeAnd then the wind just starts to moanOutside the door he followed me home
Now goodnight moonI want the sunIf it's not here soonI might be doneNo it won't be too soon 'til I sayGoodnight moonNo it won't be too soon 'til I sayGoodnight moon







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Suscríbete a esta entrada y recibe por email las nuevas actualizaciones y comentarios añadidos
Marca la opción "Avisarme"

AddToAny